Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Silly Things We Do

I decided that my SW1911PD needed a good cleaning, so I field stripped it and cleaned it, no problem so far, for the life of me I could not get it back together. Everything was fine except I couldn't get the bushing over the full length guide rod.  So after fighting it for a while I decided to put a smaller guide rod in, and it went together, but the plug has an open front, test fired one shot, and have what you see below:
Ok that was different, first 1911 I've owned that I assembled the entire upper, then put it on the frame, tricky but can be done. In attempting to reassemble in the normal matter, could not clear recoil rod.

No comments: