Monday, April 21, 2014

A moment of enlightment

10 years ago this coming September, my house was broken into, and 13 guns were stolen,  in early November of 2004 my Sig Sauer 226 was recovered, from a felon in Dayton Ohio. Recently I was able to recover the gun from the DPD. When I picked it up I left it in the evidence envelope till I got home, when I opened it I was not surprised it was dirty and dusty from lying around for 10 years, but surprised it had different grips on it than when stolen.
Then once I had wiped off the outside I took it down to clean it, and there was the second surprise, the gun was immaculate on the inside, now when it went missing it had been fired but not cleaned, and I'm sure the PD didn't clean it.
While most think criminals just get guns and shove them in the waistband, this one had taken the time to clean it and I want to say customize it  with new grips for perhaps a better fit,, I do understand when picked up it was fully loaded, so this professional criminal had a high end work tool, and had it fully prepared for use. So in a nutshell, do not under estimate the bad guys.

Of the 13 stolen, I have only heard of one other recovered after a shooting in Detroit, an HS2000 the forerunner of the XD line 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Whoda thunk?

Glad you got one back - mine are still out there...

gfa