Friday, March 11, 2011

A Nation of Pansies

Even poor Barky was a Target

Well there was a day when you could make a choice ether wimp out and hide or fight back, now we want to pass laws that will control bullying.

I was like 7 got home from school crying that I wanted my older brother to beat a guy up that was mean to me, he told me I had to stand up for myself, so the next day when I got off the bus, I had a split lip, and a black eye, but you know what happened? The guy never bothered me again.

Most bullies are bullies because they are afraid, and when you stand up to them, and let them know you are not afraid they back down.

I truly think letting kids settle things themselves, behind the school would make for better adults. There are times fighting is needed to settle a problem.

It may be old fashioned, but it has worked for a very long time.

You could tell the teacher, or your parents, you could run, but it was truly  fulfilling watching their eyes bulge out, when you punched them in the throat.

"John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

1 comment:

Guffaw in AZ said...

Amen to that! Today's pansification is institutional! Schools decry bullying, but aren't allowed to punish the offenders, for fear of lawsuits. Victims who fight back are punished. A pundit the other day remarked with all the crap in the country and the world, our President chose to spend a whole day cavorting with persons who want to spend millions of gov't dollars to solve the problem! I'm thinking parenting would be a good start, and doesn't involve gov't money or influence.