Thursday, July 09, 2009

Yeah But.....

I have seen it time and again, gun owners who do not support the movement, like their class of gun makes them special, well folks you are not special, they will find a reason to ban yours too.

I remember the guy telling me it would be good to ban those military looking rifles, then they would leave him & his hunting guns alone. I asked him what he had as I recall it was a Remington 870, I said the Military has pump action shotguns, so your Remington has a military look to it, it could get banned too.

Same story with a guy who owned a bolt action with a scope for deer hunting, if they got rid of those assault rifles, he would be fine, so of course I mention that the military snipers use bolt action scoped rifles, & anyone being shot at regardless of type of weapon, likely feel they are being assaulted. He couldn't perceive his deer rifle being viewed as a snipers deadly weapon of choice.

You may or may not be a fan of the NRA, but when you need a 600 pound gorilla in Washington DC, trying to preserve your gun rights, they are the only game in town. I'm not saying the other groups don't do their part, but no one else has the size & backing of the NRA.

Even if you only own one gun, join the NRA, or GOA or JPFO, or the 2nd Amendment Foundation, but do something besides bitch.

In the game ahead there will be no room for "I'm a gun owner, but"

No comments: