Monday, April 05, 2010

22 range session yesterday

Chiappa 1911- Getting it to hit, but after 200 round the finger couldn't pull the trigger, I think if it had even a decent trigger it would be fairly accurate.

Sig Mosquito- Lot of failures to fire, and eject, not as accurate as I would expect a Sig to be.

Browning Buckmark-As expected very accurate, only a couple of failures, fun

S&W 22A-1- Boring, very accurate, easy to shoot

I had high hopes for Chiappa, as a training gun for my 1911, but the trigger pull is extremely hard. (None of my double action wheel Guns are that hard or heavy). I would have been money ahead to have bought a conversion kit, and likely happier.

I had the same hope for the Sig, but it is so picky about what it will shoot, other than being good for malfunction drills, it is about useless. 6 inch groups at 7 yards are not what I expect out of a Sig.

The Buckmark was a used purchase, to add to the guns for student use, it ran as expected, and was a $100 less than I paid for the Sig (which I bought used)

The Smith was the least expensive of the 4 guns, but it was also the most reliable, and the most accurate of the 4, Saturday during class we did have a magazine floor plate blow out of one of the Smith mags,the plastic floor plate broke. The only thing I do not like about the Smith is the location of the mag release, being in the front of the grip

The Ammo was the Remington "Golden Bullet"

No comments: